Allies and Morrison completes Highbury residential conversion
Allies and Morrison has finished its conversion of Highbury Stadium, Arsenal Football Club’s former North London home, into a luxury residential development.
The scheme includes the conversion of the existing East and West Stands. The Grade II-listed art deco East Stand was built in 1936 to a design by CW Ferrier and William Binnie, while the West Stand was built ‘to a more utilitarian design’, also by Ferrier.
The venue is now a series of squares, community facilities and housing with three-storey terraces to the north and seven to nine-storey blocks to the south.
The development also provides a nursery, a fitness centre with a 20m swimming pool, a retail unit, a play area and a memorial garden integrated into the main central garden. A naturally ventilated basement car park sits beneath the central garden and also provides extensive parking for bicycles.