First peek inside the Irish Pavilion at the Venice Biennale
The AJ can reveal Ireland’s temporary pavilion at the Venice Biennale entitled Infra-Éireann: Making Ireland Modern
Curated by academics and architects Gary A Boyd and John McLaughlin, the Irish pavilion focuses on the different infrastructure built as part of the modernisation of Ireland, including electrification, television and dam-building.
For those going to Venice, Ireland’s open-frame timber pavilion - the form of which takes its inspiration from the Modernist structures featured within - will be situated at the end of the Artigliere section of the Arsenale for the duration of the biennale.
- Electricity Supply Board Ireland (ESB) + Siemens Schuckert
- Grafton Architects + Roughan O’Donovan Civil Engineers
- Michael Scott Architect
- Noel Dowley Architect
- Norman White Architect (Dept. of Health)
- Office of Public Works Architects + Aer Rianta Architects
- Peter + Mary Doyle Architects
- Ronald Tallon (Scott Tallon Walker Architects)