THE HILTON LONDON PADDINGTON PADDINGTON STATION, LONDON
Built in 1854, the Great Western Royal Hotel at London's Paddington Station was Isambard Kingdom Brunel's first railway hotel.Operated by the Hilton Group, but owned by the Muirgold company, the hotel re-opened in March last year. This followed an extensive refurbishment programme between mid-1999 and early 2002, led by architect Morrison Design.While the building retains its Grade II-listed exterior, the interior has been restored in an Art Deco style, in line with an earlier 1920s refurbishment.
Millar Partners specified and supplied all door furniture to this project, including bespoke polished chrome pull handles and push plates for new burr myrtle veneer doors. It also supplied Dorma overhead closers, Geze automatic door systems, and a smoke ventilation system. The judging panel noted 'the superb, strong aesthetic appeal' of the architectural ironmongery selected for this project.
Architect Morrison Design Architectural ironmonger Millar Partners