Chippo still in the mix as Nobel Center schemes revealed
The eleven shortlisted designs for the new Nobel Center building on Stockholm’s waterfront have been revealed
The so-far anonymous entries, which include one by David Chipperfield Architects, are for the 20,000m² building on the capital’s Blasieholmsudden peninsula which will house exhibition and events celebrating the Nobel Prize.
A twelve-strong shortlist was first announced in March (AJ 21.03.13). Among others joining Chipperfield are 3XN, OMA and Snøhetta but Herzog de Meuron has ‘decided not to participate in the competition.’
A further shortlist of two to five schemes will be announced in November with the winner expected to be crowned in April next year.
- 3XN, Denmark
- BIG, Denmark
- David Chipperfield Architects, England/Germany
- Johan Celsing Arkitektkontor, Sweden
- Lacaton & Vassal Architectes, France
- Lundgaard & Tranberg Arkitekter, Denmark
- Marcel Meili, Markus Peter Architekten, Switzerland
- OMA, Netherlands
- SANAA, Japan
- Snøhetta, Norway
- Wingårdhs arkitekter, Sweden