Green Sky Thinking - Call for Entries
Open City’s free week-long event is an opportunity to showcase sustainability
Open City is looking for proposals for its London-wide Green Sky Thinking programme running during mid September. The free five-day event centers on architects and construction professionals sharing best practice methods alongside working as a platform to showcase and debate sustainable design solutions.
The first Green Sky Thinking last summer saw over 20 practices open their doors for the week. Highlights included a tour of Lambeth’s green roofs, a visit to David Morley’s Isis Education Centre in Hyde Park and a Pecha Kucha hosted by Aedas on the vital topic of building performance monitoring.
Here are some simple tips to make life easier when participating in the Open City event:
- Dust off your models and hang your most recent boards
- Consider a Pecha Kucha format, inviting in outside specialists
- Concentrate on one or two key messages
- Use the event as a pretext for an office clean-up
- Nothing tells the story better than performance data: if you have some, share it
- Engage junior staff with opportunities to present
- Serve high tea with china cups, cakes and scones
- The proof is in the pudding: communicate your track record
- Don’t miss the opportunity to invite all your clients as Green Sky Thinking is an easy way to show off your green credentials: you never know who might walk through your door.
Green Sky Thinking takes place from the 17th to the 21st September 2012.
For further information, contact Sarah Yates at Open-City