AJ Designing for Floodplains
An architect’s guide to key design strategies for flood risk control and flood mitigation
Thursday 14th February 2008, Cavendish Conference Centre,LondonW1
Are you familiar with the complete set of design principles, development planning techniques and building materials required to demonstrate effective flood risk management and mitigation?
Do you feel confident in demonstrating compliance with PPS25 and convincing planning officers that your designs mitigate the risk of flooding?
If not, then you need to attend AJ’s one-day conference on Designing for Floodplains.
Attend this conference to:
• Examine key building design principles for floodplain developments
• Determine how to develop masterplans that balance health and safety and aesthetics whilst optimising flood defence and water management
• Compare the effectiveness and assess the appropriateness of different water resilient building materials
• Evaluate key water storage and drainage principles and techniques
• Understand how to demonstrate compliance with PPS25 to gain planning permission for flood plain developments
Who should attend?
Architects and Planners, Local Authorities, Developers and Suppliers
Please visit www.ajfloodplains.co.uk for further information