DPP strengthens sustainability practice with partner appointment
Independent planning consultancy DPP has strengthened its environmental and sustainability practice with the appointment of Sunil Shah, the former Head of Sustainability at the global engineering and consulting firm Jacobs Engineering Group Inc
Shah, who joined DPP as a partner in January 2009 will build and develop further the firm’s already strong environmental and sustainability credentials across its 10 offices in England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Shah brings with him more than 12 years consulting experience, working across the manufacturing, retail, commercial, and financial sectors as well as working for local and national governments. He provides advice on sustainable developments, renewable technologies, corporate responsibility and climate change matters.
He has led a number of high profile and industry benchmark projects including:
· The development of the Environmental Agency Carbon Calculator, which is now mandated on Environment Agency projects and rolled out to the industry as a free tool.
· Leading John Lewis Partnership’s front end sustainability review.
· Develop and install a micro renewable energy technology programme for the London Fire Brigade to help it achieve its aim of reducing its carbon emissions by 20 per cent.
· The development of a robust zero carbon strategy for an eco-homes entrant.
· The review of strategic and operational performance for Great Portland Estates to support the development of a sustainability strategy.
· Leading an Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) funding scheme with the UK Met Office and University of Exeter to develop forward weather files to be used to help design buildings for the future.
Shah is former Chair of the British Institute of Facilities Management Sustainability Group and a member of the Sustainable Construction Task Group. He is also a panel member of the Sustainable Development Commission, a member of the Construction Industry Council’s Sustainability Committee. Shah is also an advisor to government.