By continuing to use the site you agree to our Privacy & Cookies policy

Your browser seems to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser.

Close

Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Close

Shear madness

It’s Health and Safety gone mad. Astragal was flabbergasted to learn that a life-sized woolly house, created by knitting enthusiast Alison Murray, from Bideford, Devon, will have to be taken down, because it has been deemed a fire hazard. Astragal would suggest that, in the current climate of namby-pambyism, everything should be wrapped in cotton wool, except, oops, that’s probably a fire hazard as well.

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment.

The searchable digital buildings archive with drawings from more than 1,500 projects

AJ newsletters