Jean Monnet 2 Building of the European Commission, Luxembourg
The European Commission is looking to select an architectural team for the project of planning an administrative building in Luxembourg
The future complex shall be located at Plateau du Kirchberg in Luxembourg. The project (called ‘Jean Monnet 2’) shall enable all Commission departments to be grouped together and will be carried out in 2 stages, constituting a sole homogeneous whole in technical, spatial and functional terms.
Final date for receipt of projects or requests to participate: 30.4.2010 (12:00)
Date of dispatch of invitations to participate to selected candidates: 1.7.2010
Client contact details:
Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure, Public Buildings Administration,10, rue du Saint-Esprit,1475 Luxembourg, LUXEMBOURG.
The surface area of the land is 20 950 m 2, and the total gross surface area for the constructions as a whole cannot exceed 120 000 m 2, above ground.
The new building will have to:
• represent the Commission’s image: transparency vis-à-vis European citizens, dynamism and competence
• be geared to modern standards with a lucid, contemporary, innovatory, functional and attractive architectural style
• open a door to the future by offering considerable flexibility and modularity
• be environmentally-friendly in terms of the design and materials used
• offer considerable accessibility and favour mobility
• integrate harmoniously into the urban environment
• have a coherent design to ensure clarity and visibility
• come at a reasonable cost (investment and operation)
This design contest is a restricted contest in that it is open to candidates satisfying the preselection criteria specified in the design contest regulations.
Further information can be found on the design contest website: http://www.ec.europa.eu/jmo2
1st prize: 150 000 EUR excluding VAT;
2nd prize: 100 000 EUR excluding VAT;
3rd prize: 80 000 EUR excluding VAT.
Total: 330 000 EUR excluding VAT.