Call for entries from sustainable energy pioneers across the UK
The Ashden Awards for Sustainable Energy are seeking entries from inspirational sustainable energy schemes in the UK that use renewable energy, or reduce energy demand at a local level.
Entry is free and is open to businesses, local authorities, charities and schools that have made significant carbion dioxide savings through the use of renewable energy or energy efficiency measures, and that demonstrate real social and social and economic benefits to the local community.
There are six Awards to be won with a combined value of £70,000 and the Awards will be presented at a VIP ceremony in London in July 2010..
All Award-winning schemes must have been consistently successful for at least one year in saving carbon and delivering social benefits and must have plans for future growth. Successful schemes will be highly replicable to ensure maximum impact in the battle against climate change. Cash prizes will be used to assist further expansion.
Benefits of winning an Ashden Award include:
- Individual prize money of up to £20,000
- High profile publicity in the UK and across the globe
- Tailored support to take the scheme further
- A broadcast quality documentary film on the award-winning work
- Opportunities to present your sustainable energy solutions to experts and policy makers
- A forum for exchanging ideas and solutions with those working in the field of sustainable energy in the UK and across the globe
Deadline for expressions of interest from UK businesses, charities, local authorities: 27 October 2009
Deadline for UK schools applications: 26 November 2009
Application forms are online now at http://www.ashdenawards.org/uk_awards
For media enquiries or for stories about previous winners, contact Maya Vaughan: email: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. + 44 (0) 207 263 2551 or mobile: + 44 (0) 7726 926 227